We fell in love with this card trick as soon as we saw it.
You 'arrest' the deck of cards, put the tiny handcuffs on them and then the chosen card escapes! What could be more fun - or baffling.
No wonder this is also known as the Houdini Deck
Tiny handcuffs are a great prop, the deck of cards has hole all the way through it - very unusual.
And the Red Backed Bicycle deck does all the work for you! The method is ingenious.
No sleight of hand. Perfect for those new to magic.
Invite a volunteer to the front and you have a great illustration for any message on freedom for a school assembly or church service.
The magician asks a volunteer to choose a card. Next, the entire deck is locked through a hole with a pair of handcuffs (actually thumb cuffs) ensuring no card can escape!
But of course, the spectator’s card somehow magically manages to break free and appears in your top pocket, hat, under the card case…wherever you like!
This is so much fun, we were very impressed when it arrived – a clever, engaging twist on the classic ‘pick a card’ trick!
You can tell the story of Houdini – the great escapologist – as you go through the motions of the trick. A history lesson and magic trick combined! You could combine the effect with others like the Electronic Chain Escape, Houdini Silks or any rope escape
You can have lots of fun with the tiny handcuffs, locking the other side of them to the spectator’s thumb, or using them on the paws of a cute puppet…a rabbit puppet could become The Great Haredini!
When you show the deck with the hole running through it, you can say “Well this isn’t really a Gospel trick but it is HOLEY!” (You’re welcome!)
Perfect for any message or story regarding freedom - from sin, from slavery, from prison.
- God sets us free You can use the trick to explain how many of us can feel trapped, bound and chained by sin, and like there’s no escape. But through Jesus we can be set free.
- Paul escapes prison How about telling the story of Paul escaping prison during the earthquake? Shake the deck around for added drama!
- Jesus’ Resurrection Jesus was captured and died on the cross, it looked like the end for Him but miraculously He was resurrected and escaped the tomb!
- Exodus - and the Israelites escape from slavery.
- Easy to do, self-working trick
- Perfect for close-up and stage
- Ideal for storytelling presentations
- Red Bicycle Deck of cards as used by professional magicians
This is a great close-up trick, but also ideal for stage. Fun to watch, fun to perform
Created by our Italian friends DiFatta magic - so you know the quality is built in.
Don’t let this one ‘escape’ you – ORDER TODAY!
You will receive: Red Backed Bicycle Cards (gimmicked), miniature handcuffs and detailed instructions for use.