Now this is something very special. An energy efficient bulb that lights up without you touching it.
This is modern reworking of that classic trick, loved by kids and adults alike, the magic light bulb. But this time using some very clever electronics. This is very easy to do, ideal for both close up, stage or walk around. Great for school assemblies or church services.
You can have a lot of fun with this and, unlike so many other magic props, it can be handed out and examined before during and after.
An energy efficient lamp (the electricians word for a bulb!) is taken out of it's box and, despite being unplugged lights up in the performers hand. The audience suspects that the performer is pressing a button, so he places it down on a table and passes his hand over it. Despite there being no physical contact, the lamp glows brightly.
Now for real puzzler. The lamp is placed in a plastic bag and held by a volunteer. No-one can physically touch it. The plastic insulates it. But again it magically lights up at the performers command.
Finally the volunteer is asked hold the bulb and pass it over a copy of the Bible. As it draws near the book it begins to glow. The word of God shining light into the world!
Lights up - whenever and however you want.
We can't reveal the secret here, but you can prearrange for the lamp to light up when it draws near either your hand or almost any other object, from a book to a chocolate bar to a flower!
Unlike other magic bulbs, this lights up whenever and however you want.
The theme of light appears many times in the Bible. From the first chapter of Genesis where God said, 'Let there be light', to the last books in the New Testament, where John writes 'God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.' 1 John 1:5. Use the magic lamp to illustrate messages on these verses and dozens of others, including:
- Who is Jesus, 'I am the Light of the World' John 6:51
- Deeds not just Words, 'Let your good deeds shine before men so they may praise your heavenly father.' Matt 5:16
- A Saviour is Born, the light of the star showing the way to the new born king.
There are many different ways this prop can be used.
- Light it up by rubbing the bulb on your sleeve and state that it is powered by static electricity.
- Use it to select a winner in a competition.
- Use it to detect who has the most 'natural biological energy' by placing it on top of their head. Now that's a bright idea.
Feel free to talk pseudo-science-babble to explain how it works!
This is the best version we've seen. It has the advantages of :
- having 2 bright LEDs so it can be used during the day
- plastic bulb so its safe for children to handle - won't break if dropped
- lights up when ever you want - how you want.
- Looks like a modern energy efficient bulb
Discover the fun to be had with the Magic Lamp. Let the light shine in your next message!
You will receive: magic lamp (in the style of an energy efficient bulb), gimmicks and written instructions.