This has the ZOOM SEAL OF APPROVAL! Perform your magic online now! This trick is ideal for being performed to camera as well as to a live audience.
The performer has the ability to make the clear perspex box too heavy to lift. Is it science or is it magic?
All the more baffling as this is box is 100% transparent. You can clearly see that there are no magnets, no wires, no suckers to stop a spectator picking it up. And in some circumstances you can you can place box on the table and walk away from it, leaving the spectator struggling to pick it up.
Play this for fun with a younger audience. Imagine the kids laughter as the teacher struggles to lift up a small empty box! Present it as a serious mentalism effect for an adult audience. Have you've placed a hypnotic suggestion in your volunteer's mind, that prevents them from lifting up the box!
A CLASSIC EFFECT
This is Tenyo's version of the Light/Heavy effect invented by Robert Houdin in the 19th Century. During one performance an Arabian strong man was so shocked that he couldn't pick up a small empty trunk that he ran off stage convinced the magician had stolen his strength!
Time for a fun challenge. You place your transparent box onto the table, and create a magic circle around it with a piece of rope.
You invite your spectator to remove the box from the circle within three seconds. However, even the strongest spectator is unable to even lift the box. Now for the twist. Despite your spectator's frustrated struggles, you are easily able to lift up the box. When your spectator examines the box, there is nothing to find. It's clearly an utterly baffling trick!
NOTE: This magic effect may not work on some surfaces. So we've provided a perspex magic circle plate. Now you can perform this impossible trick on ANY surface.
Write a Bible verse out on a slip of paper and put it inside the box. When your volunteer can't lift the box you pick it up instead, take out the slip and read the bible verse 'The Lord is my strength and my song.' An unforgettable biblical illustration.
4 different gospel messages are included, though many more illustrations are possible.
- Strength of Samson - losing sight of God's plans for us has its consequences. 'Then Samson prayed to the Lord, ‘ O God, please strengthen me just one more time' Judges 16:28
- Overcoming our Goliaths - David's faith in God gave his all the strength he needed! 'God is our refuge and our strength' Psalm 26:1
- Help Me Carry my Burden - Some things are too heavy for us to carry by ourselves. 'My Yoke is easy, my burden is light' Matt 11:28
- Finding God's strength in our weakness 'My power is made perfect in weakness.' 2 Cor 12:9
A fun alternative is to add a feather to the box, making it ‘too heavy’ to lift up. After all a ton of feathers is as heavy as a ton of nails!
This trick is great fun to perform and gets a great reaction from your audience. Best of all it's:
- Easy to do. No sleight of hand, no magnets or other gimmicks are required
- You can perform it within moments of reading the instructions.
- Packs small but can be used for the largest of audiences / congregations
- Can be performed completely surrounded.
We spent a happy hour playing with this effect when it arrived in the office. We're still not 100% sure how it works. But it does...beautifully.
Another ingeniously original effect from Tenyo, the Japanese company famous for their innovative magic.
Comes complete with: Perspex box with lid, red rope, magic circle perspex plate and printed instructions with gospel ideas. The box will fit any deck of poker-sized playing cards. (Provide your own cards!)