The Energy Bar is one of our best-selling props, and we’re delighted to offer our brand new Christmas presentation for this clever gadget, complete with party hat and blower, cracker jokes, gift bag and snaps!
It now becomes your Christmas Cheer-o-meter! Measure the Christmas cheer of one, two or a dozen volunteers, and share how the birth of Jesus brings joy and a very real connection with God.
Remember this prop is not just for Christmas - it's for use all the year round! Our instructions give you x5 different messages.
Perfect for Christmas school assemblies, advent services, youth groups and any church/community event.
'Thanks so much for the Christmas Cheerometer - it looked great fun to do on the video and I'm pleased to say that in practice it was even better than expected.' Rev'd Peter Kay
The performer holds one end of the tube and a volunteer to holds the other. Nothing happens until they touch index fingers together. Then the tube lights up, flashes and buzzes.
'I've used it with up to 17 people holding hands. No idea how it works but it's fantastic!' Maurice Porter.
Hold the two ends to make it flash and buzz...
The performer explains that an old English word for happiness is 'Cheer'. “So how do you measure Christmas cheer?” Is it in how many gifts we receive or how much we eat and drink? Or is it about the connections with make with our friends and family and god. Let's find out.
The performer brings out a Christmas gift bag. Inside is a gold party hat which they put on. Then he/she reads out some traditionally bad Christmas jokes, blows a party blower and pulls a cracker snap. 'This bag is full of Christmas Cheer!' Finally the performer takes out a velvet bag. 'Ooooh. Must be a new diamond necklace/gold watch I wanted!'
Inside is a clear tube with silver capped ends. It looks like an electronic Christmas cracker. 'Ah this is the Christmas Cheer-o-meter I asked for!
The performer invites a volunteer to holds one end whilst they holds the other. The instant their free hands touch the tube's festive coloured light flash and twinkle, with a Christmas buzz.
Your helper must be FULL of Christmas Cheer!
Then the performer measures the Christmas Cheer of a dozen people in the audience/congregation as they hold hands and connect with one another. Buzz, buzz, twinkle, twinkle.
Everyone is full of good cheer! After all, Christmas is about how we CONNECT with friends and family. Crucially, Christmas is how about how God Connected with us by sending his only son. That’s the truth of Christmas, and that should fill us with joy and CHEER!
Make the Christmas connection and light up your world!
- What a Scrooge! - You can relate the idea of Christmas Cheer to the story of Ebeneezer Scrooge in Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol. He learns valuable lessons before his love of Christmas – and of people – is restored!
- It’s a Wrap! Why not wrap up the prop in festive wrapping paper, and open it live in front of your audience?
- Naughty or Nice - Explain that the bar the gadget Santa used to test whether you are on his naughty list or nice list. Have some fun with that idea!
As well as the Christmas ideas, you also receive 5 full routines with clear messages that can be used all year round
- Making Connections
- Power to the People
- Measuring Holy Spirit
- Re-charge your faith
- Light of the world
One of the most powerful and effective object lessons we’ve seen, highly recommended!
- Bright lights and loud buzzing sounds - fun for all ages
- The ultimate object lesson!
- Several new festive presentations
- FIVE solid Gospel routines, use the prop all year round!
- A real talking point, and a way to generate discussion
- Well-made, durable prop ideal for close up or stage
- FREE festive gift bag, party hats, jokes and cracker snaps for your presentation
- FREE velvet bag to keep your Christmas Cheer-o-meter in. No more scratches.
So create a ‘buzz’ in your next service, light up your next talk or junior church group and order today!
An ideal stocking filler for the magician, reverend or pastor in your life.
You will receive:
- Energy Bar prop - 17cm long 3cm diameter perspex tube filled with electronic magic
- drawstring velvet pouch
- festive gift bag
- x2 gold party hats (one spare)
- x6 cracker snaps
- x1 party blower
- Selection of classic cracker jokes
- Exclusive and original Mission Magic 12-page booklet of with Christmas presentation and x5 messages for the rest of the year
PETER KAY'S FULL REVIEW
'Dear Mark & team,
A quick email to say thanks so much for the Christmas cheerometer - it looked great fun to do on the video and I'm pleased to say that in practice it was even better than expected. At a family gathering we got it out and discovered that it would work for larger groups of people and one of the fun things in assemblies and talks was to get everyone in a circle, lighting it up. For our local primary school we set a 'north Bedfordshire record' of over 70 in one assembly - the whole school plus teachers!
After that fun, though, I was able to follow on with a message about connection - Christmas being about connecting with each other and God connecting with us by sending Jesus - and it really seemed to hit home.'