The key to great magic is now in your hands! Key to Life is one of our favourite close up effects. A key that turns by itself!
The Key to Life is a precision made prop that anyone can examine, before and after the effect, but will never discover the secret. There are no magnets, no wires, no threads to discover.
Not only can you control the speed of rotation you can also make the key turn clockwise or anticlockwise.
Don't think of this as just a close up effect. With the help of a volunteer you can use the Key to Life to illustrate a life changing message to a large audience or congregation.
Keep this on your key ring and you have a stunning effect and a powerful message ready to go whenever you want to share the Good News. 'Behold, I stand at the door and knock' Rev 3:20 is one of MANY different verses that the Key to Life is designed to illustrate.
You take the mortice key off your key ring and place it on your outstretched palm. You ask a spectator to concentrate on the key and the key slowly rotates. Is this the power of mind over matter, is something spooky going on or is this a little known scientific effect? You can immediately repeat the experiment, locking the invisible door that was opened.
You can link this effect to MANY different Bible verses, parables and stories about keys, doors, imprisonment and escape. For example
- Key to Life - 'Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you.' Matt 7:7
- Joseph - his ability to interpret dreams was his key to getting out of Jail.
- The Key to Eternal Life - is to repent, which means turning your back on sin and turning towards God.
- The Key to Dealing with Temptation - 'He will provide the way of escape' 1 Cor 10:13
- Don't get Locked Out! - 'Strive to enter through the narrow door. When once the master of the house has risen and shut the door, and you stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, open to us,’ Luke 13:22
- Unlock the Door to Life - 'Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.' Rev 3:20
- Prayer is the Key. 'At the same time, pray also for us, that God may open to us a door for the word, to declare the mystery of Christ.' Col 4:3
Cartoons often show St Peter holding the keys to the gates of heaven. Since the 16th century a symbolical pair of keys is created for every pope and buried on death with him. Even the layout of St Peter's Basilica is roughly key-shaped!
The impact of magic is all in the presentation - and with the Key to Life you've got a smorgasbord to choose from.
- Your Latest Invention - the self turning key!
- Flea Circus - your trained flea turns the key over in your hand. Can't you see him, he's just there!
- Spooky Key - It said to be the key to a lost treasure chest of a dead pirate. And once a year, on this very date, the ghostly hand of the dead pirate is said to turn the key.
- Haunted Hanky & Key - Create a whole routine by presenting this with Hyrum the Haunted Hanky. First the key comes alive under the hanky - then turns by it's in your hand.
Turn your helper into the magician by asking them to rotate their index finger and magically turn the key in your hand.
Don't forget all that clever word play. 'What is the key to...' 'The key to that question is...' 'That's a turn up for the books.' 'They're going to lock me up and throw away the key!'
As well as turning on the palm of your hand you have it turn he tip of your index finger.
- Easy-to-do baffling effect that ideal for those new to magic. No previous experience required!
- Looks like a normal key - making the effect all the more impressive
- Fool proof magic. Perform this anytime anywhere. Completely surrounded with one or one hundred people. The key is fully examinable.
The key to great magic is now in your hands!
Comes complete with: a precision made 9.5cm brass effect mortice key and our exclusive written instructions