Straight forward and astonishing. The performer has the apparent ability to make the clear perspex box too heavy to lift! Is it science or is it magic? This is a new and much improved version of our popular Impossibly Heavy Box.
Firstly, this is box is 100% transparent. You can clearly see that there are no magnets, no wires, no suckers to stop a spectator picking it up.
Secondly, you can place box on the table and walk away from it, leaving the spectator struggling to pick it up. No need to cover it with a hanky. No need to place it on a book held in your hand. This truly is a utterly baffling effect based on an obscure scientific principle that will amaze audiences of all ages.
Play this for fun with a younger audience. Imagine the kids laughter as the teacher struggles to lift up a small empty box! Present it as a serious mentalism effect for an adult audience. Have you've placed a hypnotic suggestion in your volunteer's mind, that prevents them from lifting up the box!
This transparent box hides its secret in plain sight!
A CLASSIC EFFECT
The Light/Heavy effect was invented by Robert Houdin in the 19th Century. During one performance an Arabian strong man was so shocked that he couldn't pick up a small empty trunk that he ran off stage convinced the magician had stolen his strength!
The magician places a clear perspex box on a table, opens the lid and places a piece of paper inside. He stands away from the table and invites a volunteer to lift up the box. They can't. It's simply too heavy! The magician then reaches over and casually picks up the box. The piece of paper is removed and the words on it read out. 'The Lord is my strength and my song. He has become my salvation.' Psalm 118:14.
4 different gospel messages are included, though many more illustrations are possible.
- Strength of Samson - losing sight of God's plans for us has its consequences. 'Then Samson prayed to the Lord, ‘ O God, please strengthen me just one more time' Judges 16:28
- Overcoming our Goliaths - David's faith in God gave his all the strength he needed! 'God is our refuge and our strength' Psalm 26:1
- Help Me Carry my Burden - Some things are too heavy for us to carry by ourselves. 'My Yoke is easy, my burden is light' Matt 11:28
Finding God's strength in our weakness 'My power is made perfect in weakness.' 2 Cor 12:9
This trick is great fun to perform and gets a great reaction from your audience. Best of all it's:
- Easy to do. No sleight of hand, no magnets or other gimmicks are required
- You can perform it within moments of reading the instructions.
- Packs small but can be used for the largest of audiences / congregations
- Can be performed completely surrounded.
We spent a happy hour playing with this effect when it arrived in the office. We're still not 100% sure how it works. But it does...beautifully.
Discover this elegant and baffling version of the classic light/heavy box for yourself.
Comes complete with: the clear perspex Incredibly Heavy box with lid (8x8x9 cm), printed verses, feathers and our exclusive 12 page instruction booklet.