'I used your magic lightbulb for the evangelistic talk at our church’s light party this evening and it went down so so well. I was able to communicate how we need Jesus in our lives to make us shine, for us to be who we were meant to be. People looked so engaged. Thank you, thank you, thank you.' Jon White
One of the first magic tricks Mark at Mission Magic ever bought.
This is very easy to do, ideal for both close up, stage or walk around.
You can have a lot of fun with this. Kids love it. And, unlike so many other magic props, it can be handed out and examined.
A bulb is shown - it's unplugged and can be inspected.
The performer rubs one hand on his head and touches the bulb. It lights up! Ah the power of static electricity the performer explains. But strangely now one else can make it light up. The performer apologies and explains that actually it's sound activate. ON he shouts - and the light switches on. OFF and the light is OFF.
Once again no one can make it light up by shouting at it. Can the performer really be telling the truth or is there some trick involved?!
There are many different ways this prop can be used.
- Light it up by rubbing the bulb on your sleeve and state that it is powered by static electricity.
- Use it to select a winner in a competition.
- Use it to detect who has the most 'natural biological energy' by placing it on top of their head. Now that's a bright idea.
Feel free to talk pseudo-science-babble to explain how it works!
Perfect for Christmas to illustrate the coming of the light into the world.
Use all year round to illustrate the verses:
- Jesus said 'I am the Light of the World'
- Creation 'God said Let there be light'
- Right and wrong 'Let your good deeds shine before men so they may praise your heavenly father.'
This version has the advantages of having:
- a very bright led bulb so it can be used during the day
- plastic bulb so its safe for children to handle - won't break if dropped
- changeable batteries so it will last and last
- operates with a ring - so you can use your own finger ring - or the ring provided
- perform it straight out of the box
You will receive the bulb (unbreakable plastic), batteries, finger ring and written instructions.
Replacement batteries can be found online and in supermarkets. Look out for AG13 button batteries.