Paul Morley, founder of Mission Magic writes: This is a great little effect that I use as an opener both for a kid’s party, for fun and in school assemblies for the more serious application. Very easy and straightforward to use.
A small red sponge ball is shown. It is placed into the hand and when the hand is open the ball has grown about 6 times as big as it originally was much to the amazement of the audience.
We can't think of a better illustration of growth.
SWOOSH... First you're holding a small 1.5" red sponge ball. Then you push it down into your fist, open your hand and it has transformed into a jumbo 4" ball.
It's grown to double its size and looks like a huge red orange!
Only one ball is used. Self working, very easy to perform.
Great fun at Christmas - it's Rudolph's growing red nose!
This is one of Paul Morley's favourite tricks that he's performed around the world.
- Harvest - celebrate the fruits of the earth by growing your own!
- Seeds: By using seeds (beads) you can also use this trick to illustrate how the Kingdom of God is like mustard seed and grows to one of the largest trees.
- Cain & Able: Use the small ball to talk about how sin (jealously and anger) grew in Cain until he became a murderer (use the expanded ball as the stone that killed Able)
- Growth: You can also use this to talk about giving. By putting what little we have into God's hands he can bless that to give great results.
- Widows mite: A small offering in our eyes can be a great offering/sacrifice in God's eyes.
A damp sponge ball is much easier to use and is bigger. Run the sponge ball under a tap and squeeze it, and then keep in a plastic bag before you perform with it.
- Very easy to do
- Always gets a great response
- Incredibly visual
BONUS: Included is Paul's scripted presentation on Cane & Able - how sin leads to bad words and actions.
You will receive: x1 gimmicked 4 inch red sponge ball with instructions and Paul's script