Where's there's brass there's magic - to misquote a saying.
One of the most direct and impossible effects you'll ever perform - pushing a pin through a SOLID block of brass. It would be difficult to imagine a magic effect that's more inexplicable.
Pin Thru Brass Block in not just for close up. You can startle even the largest of audiences, as the reaction of your helper says it ALL!
What makes this a great trick is that it is so EASY TO DO. If you can hold a matchbox in your hand, you can do this effect. The secret is elegantly simple, thanks to the precision made gimmick. Ideal for those new to magic. Highly recommended for any youth, church or school worker looking for a professional quality effect.
You take a large pin and push it right through a match box. Ta-Dah. Your spectators seem a little underwhelmed. So, you take out the pin and slide open the box. Instead of matches there is a block of solid brass filling the box. Whoa! You tip the block out and it lands on the table with a CLUNK. You pick up the brass block, matchbox and pin and invite the spectators to examine them. They find no explanation for the impossible feat you've just performed.
Push that pin through that brass block.
Ever faced an impossible situation where you cannot find a way through? Pin thru Brass Block, illustrates how God can always find a way through even the most difficult of situations. There are plenty of Bible stories that you can link this message, to from the Exodus to Daniel in the lion's den to the miracles of Jesus.
- Camel through the Eye of a Needle - Swap the pin for a needle and explain that the brass represents riches, i.e. a 'block of gold'. Now you have the perfect illustration for Jesus teaching on who will be saved in Mark 10:23 - 27
- Piercing the Barrier between Man & God. In the Bible, brass is a symbol of hardness and obstinacy. This makes the block ideal for illustrating how sin creates an impenetrable barrier between us and God, that only the miracle of Jesus death and resurrection can pierce. 'Your sins have built a barrier between you and your God.' Isaiah 59:2 'He was pierced for our transgressions.' Isaiah 53:5
Have some fun with wordplay. Point to the pin and say 'I think you'll get the point!' 'I like to keep a little brass in my pocket.' Put the block to your head and ask 'What's this - a mental block!'
Instead of presenting the block in matchbox, start with it wrapped tightly in tissue paper or ribbon. Same effect but a different presentation. Instead of a pin you could use a toothpick or a sharpened match. Push a needle with thread into the box and pulling it all the way through.
- Very easy-to-do - perfect for beginners and a favourite of professionals
- Precision made gimmick - you'll love the ingenuity.
- Packs small but plays to the largest of audiences with the right volunteer.
A block-buster of a trick.
Comes complete with: a solid brass block (4.5x3x1 cm), matchbox (5x3.5x1.5 cm), black-headed pin, plastic box for the props and printed instructions.